Why is it useful?
PrenatalSAFE® is useful test for the
detection of aneuploidies and fetal chromosomal abnormalities in every pregnancy and at any age, but is particularly recommended in the following cases:
• Pregnancies in which invasive prenatal diagnosis is contraindicated (ex. Risk of spontaneous abortion)
• Positive first trimester screening (Bi-Test)
• Advanced maternal age (>35 years)
• Advanced paternal age (>40 years)
• The ultrasound scan shows fetal abnormalities, suggesting aneuploidy
• Personal/familial anamnesis of chromosomal abnormalities
• Partner(s) carrier of balanced Robertsonian translocation of chromosomes 13 or 21.